The NuPrep Skin Preparation gel is a mild abrasiveness that is used for skin cleaning and moisturizing during the skin preparation process before placing the sensor electrodes on the skin.
This gel strips away any superficial impurities, such as dead skin cells, and moistens the underlying skin layer, thus lowers the skin impedance with minimal skin irritation and user discomfort to ensure high-quality signal acquisitions.
For optimal results, we recommend following the steps below:
- Place a small amount of the NuPrep gel onto a gauze (preferably) or cotton pad
- Lightly rub the pad onto the skin with 4 or 5 circular motions
- Remove all remaining NuPrep from the skin using a dry pad
- Apply your electrodes using pre-gelled electrodes or dry electrodes using the Ten20 Conductive Paste
- Proceed with the signal acquisition
You can find further important information about this gel and safety instructions in the PDF below.